[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
• View topic - Change your battle.net password

Change your battle.net password

General discussion

Change your battle.net password

Postby reikoshea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:40 pm

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

I'd also recommend changing any passwords that share your battle.net password.
reikoshea

Re: Change your battle.net password

Postby Hinenuitepo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Done.
Bleh.
"Do or Do not. There is no try."
-Yoda
Hinenuitepo

Postby zalessa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Do I need to do this if I have an authenticator? It was TL;DR
a little bit of the weekend in the middle of the week giving you that friday feeling
zalessa

Postby Moolann » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Moolann

Postby reikoshea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Yeah, and I know a lot of people use the same email and password for everything (bank, car loan, Facebook, etc) if you're one of those people it'd be wise to update change all the passwords. Generally this is how wow accounts get stolen (except its usually a third party site getting hacked for passwords and not blizzard)
reikoshea

Postby zalessa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I have a hardware authenticator! yay
a little bit of the weekend in the middle of the week giving you that friday feeling
zalessa

Postby Hoticehunter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Hardware authenticator being the little 6 digit stick thingy and Mobile Authenticator being the app on your smart phone?
Hoticehunter

Postby zalessa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Yes!

Looks like this:
zalessa

Postby Nikalia » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:28 am

I changed my pw, but I too have a hardware authenticator... does that mean I can change my pw back? I LOVE MY WOW PW and I don't use it for anything ellllllse. DOIN IT.
Nikalia

Postby Hinenuitepo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:54 am

Up to you I suppose Nik, but I'd change it, it's always a good idea to do periodically anyways.
I changed mine a bit, just enough to make it tricky and yes it was a pw that I only use for wow.
For mobile apps, they're saying they'll push a fix soon.
"Do or Do not. There is no try."
-Yoda
Hinenuitepo

Postby Aminai » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Although I don't use it a lot, changed to unguessable PW, and moved back to my HW Authenticator (had soft one before).
Aminai

Return to General