[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4683: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
• View topic - Vent

Vent

General discussion

Vent

Postby Slyxus » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:32 pm

So after checking out vent and looking around a bit I found this. First off when I enter vent I get this error:
*Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use*

This is what I found "Vista doesn't use direct sound that's why vent isn't working. Vent doesn't support Vista at this time. When Microsoft coded Vista they changed and rewrote the AIP sound layer with no support for direct 3D surround sound. The reason vent can't find your sound card is because the driver for it under Vista isn't a direct 3D sound driver. You may have to dual boot your system and use XP as your gaming platform till Vent catches up with Vista. If there is a work around I haven't found it and someone who has will have to post it. KOMMANDER

I did some more reading after I posted and apparently some folks have gotten Vent to work but not without a lot of problems especially under Vista 64 bit. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card and instead of using the direct sound driver and hardware acceleration let vent use the sound wave and see if that works.KOMMANDER"

I tried re-installing drivers and it's the same I can hear/talk in vent but if i'm tabbed into WoW I can only hear. What i'm trying to say here is I can't talk on vent because my voice wil be recognized as a famous someone. :P
Slyxus

Re: Vent

Postby Silversage » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:05 pm

I use Vista 64 bit and it works just fine ^_^

what drivers do you use
"Your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."
Silversage

Postby nivwar » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 pm

I asked before if you were running WoW in compatibility mode inside Vista. If you are, this is why your keybinds don't work inside Wow. You have to stop running it in compat mode.
Weebz: Your $14.95 says you can play the way that you want. But the rest of the raids $358.80 says know your role.
nivwar
Site Admin

Postby Slyxus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah i'm not in compat mode I thought I was but I had been thinking about 'running as administrator'. All my keybinds work fine I can even use my PTT button.
Slyxus

Postby Aminai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Shouldn't be related, but perhaps it is - is the WoW voice chat enabled or disabled? If it's enabled, try disabling it perhaps.
Aminai

Postby Renxhal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:56 pm

the only problems ive encountered with vista that sound similar were solved by running vent and wow as administrator

not sure if it will help
Deathwing's Molten Flame instantly kills Renxhal.
Renxhal gains Deathwing's Molten Flame.
Deathwing's Molten Flame is refreshed on Renxhal.
Renxhal

Postby Slyxus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

WoW chat's disabled and they are both run as administrator. ;/
Slyxus

Postby drweird » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

drweird

Return to General